Children’s Health Insurance – $15 Per Child!

The Health Care system in America is atrocious; thousands of families are without health coverage or insurance and the numbers are growing every day.

Adults without health care is one thing, but children without coverage is just plain wrong.

Clearly President Obama agrees as he signed the Children’s Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act (CHIPRA) on February 4, 2009.

The Children’s Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act (CHIPRA)…renews and expands coverage of the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) from 7 million children to 11 million children. CHIP was previously known as the State Children’s Health Insurance Program (SCHIP).

Originally created in 1997, CHIP is Title XXI of the Social Security Act and is a state and federal partnership that targets uninsured children and pregnant women in families with incomes too high to qualify for most state Medicaid programs, but often too low to afford private coverage.  Within Federal guidelines, each State determines the design of its individual CHIP program, including eligibility parameters, benefit packages, payment levels for coverage, and administrative procedures.

In addition to renewing the CHIP program, the new legislation makes it easier for certain groups to access CHIP health care, including uninsured children from families with higher incomes and uninsured low-income pregnant women.

There’s no good reason any child in America should be without health insurance. This is an awesome step in the right direction!

Through, the monthly premium for health, dental and vision insurance is $15 per child or a maximum of $45 for three or more children.

The application process is so easy and quick…..

If you want to enroll your child in the Children’s Health Insurance Program (SCHIP), you’ll need a copy of their birth certificate and a current pay stub for each working parent.

Children covered by an employer’s health insurance plan in the past 3 months are not eligible for SCHIP unless you have lost your job or your employer has ended health insurance coverage for your child.

If you are self-employed, you will have to submit a profit and loss statement for the previous three months.

If you are pregnant, you will need a letter from a doctor or clinic show proof of pregnancy.

If you are receiving unemployment benefits from your State, you will need to submit a copy of your EDD award letter or your EDD check stubs.

And, of course, you’ll need to fill out the short Healthy Families online application.

Find out more at


No comments yet.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.